Basquias has ten forms, but is most commonly seen in the form of green octopus-like limbs wrapping around the user's body. It currently shows signs of black coloring at its tips, symbolizing the demonic corruption of the holy weapon of the Fairy Clan.
In its authentic form, it is a spear of immense size, as much as Chastiefol in its true form. This after the blade has a half circle.
Basquias is an immensely powerful weapon, possibly even more so than its counterpart, Chastiefol. The "Spirit Spear" was gifted to the First Fairy King chosen by the Sacred Tree. Like Chastiefol, it has the qualities of the Sacred Tree and is shown to possess a number of unique forms:
- Form One: Basquias「第一形態:
霊槍Dai-ichi Keitai: Reisō (Basukiasu); literally meaning "Spirit Spear"」: It is the original form of Basquias, which is a great spear that can levitate to attack and also proves to be capable of firing a powerful beam.
- Form Two: Guardian「第二形態:
守護虫Daini Keitai: Shugochū (Gādian); literally meaning "Guardian Insect"」: Basquias takes the form of a gigantic hornet-like insect that possesses incredible speed.
壊死毒Eshidoku (Nekuroshisu); literally "Necrotic Poison"」: Basquias attacks the target with its sting, resulting in the stung body part being paralyzed.
- Form Five: Yggdra Armor「第五形態:
神樹の鎧Dai-go Keitai: Shinju no Yoroi (Yugudora Āmā); literally meaning "God Tree Armor"」: Basquias wraps itself around Gloxinia and forms a suit of armor equipped with large sharp claws.
- Form Seven: Moon Rose「第七形態:
月の華Dai-nana Keitai: Tsuki no Hana (Mūnrōzu); literally "Moon Flower"」: The end of Basquias' tendril blooms into a giant, pale rose.
- Inochi no Shizuku「
生命の雫Inochi no Shizuku; literally "Droplet of Life"」: A droplet from the Moon Rose is shown to heal even the most grievous of wounds.
- Inochi no Shizuku「
- Form Nine: Death Thorn「第九形態:
死荊Dai-kyū Keitai: Shikei (Desu Sōn)」: Basquias disperses into a myriad of vines, piercing through anything Gloxinia chooses. Even the slightest cut seems to result in death. The ivy is traditionally extracted from within a sun flower that grows among the highest branches of the Sacred Tree.
- Form Ten: Emerald Octo「第十形態:
翠蛸Dai-jū Keitai: Suishou (Emerarudo Okuto); literally "Green Octopus"」: The form Basquias usually found and is used by Gloxinia as a means to sustain themselves. These tentacles can be used as weapons that can cross objects or people.
- Form Five's name is a reference to Yggdrasil, the world tree from Norse mythology.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 161, page 18.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 172, page 5-6.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 199, page 6.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 202, page 4.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 171, page 22.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 162, page 7.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 162, page 8.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 161, page 14-18.
- ↑ Nanatsu no Taizai Manga: Chapter 202, page 7.